Passage2Pro AB provides leadership and career coaching to established professionals with an academic background of Ph.D. level or higher. Typical clients are academics looking for self-development to grow as leaders, or academics looking for new possibilities outside of academia such as a career transition.
Leadership and career coaching often spill over into general life-coaching, as it is often difficult to separate your work life from your personal life. This is all part of the coaching process.
The coaching process is one of collaboration between the coach and the coachee. It is a partnership in which both the coach and the coachee work towards a predetermined goal. The aim is to create transformation and the behavioural changes that a coachee needs in order to meet his or her goals.
A common misunderstanding about leadership and career coaching is that the coaching process is interpreted as guidance, counselling, mentorship or training. While you can hire a coach with a strong technical background and advisory attitude, it is important to understand the different approaches. Coaches can give you the information you need to move forward, but coaching is not mentoring. A mentor is a person that has done the journey and as such has the experience to manage informal support to its mentee. The mentor can be placed inside or outside of an organisation. Similarly, coaching is not training, although some training may fall into group coaching.
Leadership coaching is a successful tool for modern organisations that want to improve both individual and team performance. The objective is to support successful people to become more effective and happier in their work and leadership roles.
An effective coach focuses on identifying the coachee’s gifts and talents, e.g. building awareness about their own behaviour and awareness of their unique potential. It is about creating change and growing as a leader. This results in happier leaders. And, a happier team has a positive impact on your bottom line.
Common Reasons For People To Hire A Leadership Coach
- Develop their leadership style
- Learn to manage difficult people
- Improve personal development
- Improve interpersonal communication style
- Learn to give negative feedback
- Learn how to deal with changes
- Learn how to promote career development in a team
- Learn how to network
- Learn how to set priority and time management
- Work vs. life balance
- Build confidence and awareness of own strengths and weaknesses
- Learn how to deal with conflicts
- Learn how to build a career plan
Passage2Pro performs career coaching with a focus on performance. We identify which information or knowledge you may lack that prevents you from finding your dream job.
Common reasons for starting career coaching include the following
- You don’t know what you want to do
- You want an academic career but don’t know where to start
- You want to leave academia for a career in industry
- You feel lost in your own decisions
- You are looking for a better work-life balance
- You feel unhappy in your situation
- You want to learn more about your strengths and weaknesses
- You want to learn how to network
- You want to improve your communication
- You want to learn how to write a CV and promote yourself on LinkedIn
- You want to improve your interview skills
Passage2Pro developed a concept based on the following
- Personal inventory of hard, soft and transferable skills
- Identification of strengths, weaknesses and motivational factors
- Defining personal values
- Personal marketing & branding (Design of CV and LinkedIn)
- Understanding the labour market, including the recruitment business
- Setting an action plan towards a personal career goal
- Identification of obstacles and hindrances
- Work vs. life balance
- Defining a dream job (Your own dream job)